and business owners
Experience counts when you're
helping businesses succeed
You discovered Debbi-Jo Matias because of a colleague that you trust. They referred you to an experienced chartered professional accountant that they trust.
Debbi-Jo is retained as an accountant by business owners and entrepreneurs for income tax and accounting services. With over 25 years of experience, she is devoted to her clients and delivers exceptional service, quality and results. Debbi-Jo has established long-term client relationships by being accessible and providing proactive and practical advice.
As a business owner herself, Debbi-Jo solves problems and provides support to her clients. She helps producers claim the tax credits they need to turn ideas into big-screen blockbusters. She helps individuals build a financial legacy and wealth for their families.
About Debbi-Jo Matias, CPA, CA
Debbi-Jo Matias is a Chartered Professional Accountant with extensive experience advising both large and small business clients at Deloitte and Touche LLP, Fuller Landau LLP and Ernst and Young LLP in Vancouver, Victoria, Johannesburg, New York and Toronto before launching her own firm in 2010. She qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1994 and earned a Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) in Accounting & Small Business from the University of Manitoba.
Debbi-Jo has partnerships and convenient referral relationships with a full range of complementary financial service specialists: tax and commercial lawyers, cross-border tax experts, business affairs consultants for film, production accountants, bookkeepers and financial planners.
Debbi-Jo regularly presents to business owners on tax planning and film producers on tax credits. She is in demand as a volunteer board member for charitable and political organizations. National media outlets seek her expert advice on business tax strategies and financial preparation for retirement.
Who We Serve
- Business owners
- Entrepreneurs and consultants
- Investment companies
- Film production companies
- Film producers, directors and actors
- Canadian affiliates of US companies
Areas of Practice
Run your business without running yourself into the ground.
- Corporate tax returns
- Financial statements
- Annual tax planning
- Incorporation advice
Take care of your assets. Take care of your family.
- Personal tax returns for individuals and unincorporated businesses
- Liaison between clients and the Canada Revenue Agency
- Wealth management and planning for retirement
Do film financing and tax credits without the drama.
- Production and digital media tax credits
- Comfort letters on tax credit estimates
- Reporting on production costs for CAVCO, Creative BC, Telefilm Canada, Canada Media Fund
- Corporate taxes for production, animation and visual effects companies
- Corporate and personal taxes for businesses providing services of producers, directors and actors
Plant your business firmly.
- AgriInvest Harmonized Statement A Reporting
- Relationships with United Flower Growers Co-operative and affiliates